Elastic Digital Pty Ltd (Trading as Zift Solutions (formerly Elastic Grid)) Anti-SPAM Policy
The law isn't enough, it's permission that counts
Because Anti-Spam legislation varies so widely from country to country, we want to make sure you gain the full benefits of
true permission-based email marketing. Spam is any email you send to someone who isn’t an existing customer and hasn't
given you their direct permission to contact them.
Permission is a vague term so we want to be more precise.
What kinds of email addresses are OK to use in a campaign hosted by Elastic Digital?
To send email to anyone in a campaign hosted by Elastic Digital, you must have clearly obtained their permission. This could be achieved through:
- An email newsletter subscribe form on your web site.
- An opt-in checkbox on a form. This checkbox must not be checked by default, the person completing the form must select the checkbox to indicate they want to hear from you.
- If someone completes an offline form like a survey or enters a competition, you may only contact them if they ticked a box that clearly indicates they want to be contacted by email.
- Customers who have purchased from you within the last 2 years.
What kinds of email addresses ARE NOT OK to use in a campaign hosted by Elastic Digital?
Anything that doesn’t comply with the above examples is not permission-based. By using Elastic Digital for your campaign(s), you agree not to send any emails to addresses that:
- You do not have explicit, provable permission to contact.
- You bought, loaned, rented or in any way acquired from a third party.
- You haven't contacted via email in the last 2 years. People forget that they gave you permission some time ago and they have often changed their email address or will object now to your email contact.
- You "scraped" or copy and pasted from the web. Just because people publish their email address doesn't mean they want to hear from you.
Some of these people may have given you their email address, but what's missing is your permission to email them a commercial message. Blasting promotional emails to any of these people won't be effective and will more than likely see all your email marked as spam by many of your recipients.
What content MUST I include in my email?
Every email you send in a campaign hosted by Elastic Digital must include the following:
- A single-click unsubscribe link that instantly removes the subscriber from your list. Once they unsubscribe, you can never email them again unless you later receive their specific permission to do so.
- The name and physical address of the sender. If you're sending an email on behalf of any other entity or person, you must include their details as well.
- All e-mails must state the reason the recipient is receiving the message. For example, "You are receiving this message from ABC Company because you signed up for our e-mail list at www.abc.com."
How we'll know if you don't have permission
Elastic Digital is proud of its record in helping our clients comply with Anti-Spam legislation and helping them obtain excellent responses to their campaigns. Therefore, we have several mechanisms for helping you comply with our anti-spam policy. Here are a few of them:
- Until we have approved your account, links from your emails to your campaign microsite will not be activated.
- We monitor blacklists and abuse accounts all day every day. We can pinpoint who is causing us delivery problems or attracting complaints very easily.
If we do discover that you're emailing people without their permission, we will terminate your campaign immediately.
In the end, it's really common sense. Put yourself in your contacts’ shoes. If they don't recognize who you are or aren't interested in what you're sending, they'll think you're a spammer. It's that simple.
If you have any questions about our Anti-Spam Policy, or if you want to report spamming activity by one of our customers, please contact us:
Elastic Digital Pty Ltd
Suite 4A, 30 Boronia Street
Redfern NSW 2016
ABN: 72 092 238 018
ACN: 092 238 018
+61 2 8396-5700
+61 2 8399-3601